Friday, March 29, 2013

Now, I can see why these online dating sites are relevant & attractive

While I spend research time clicking thru the various online dating sites (match.com, eharmony.com, etc.) to understand the offerings across these sites (from big to small), I tried my luck via the spots I'm familiar with - bars, supermarkets, parks, galleries, etc.  There were some lovely ladies at these spots during my eye candy search this past weekend.  Unfortunately, some looked married/engaged, dating someone already, or that I can't tell if they are single or not.  What is even more unfortunate is my cajones is not as big & bold as they were in my younger years.  Be it the years of marriage, out of shape from lack of exercise, or the lack of practice chatting it up with lovely ladies with the intent to date them, my confidence is just not up to par.  I am nervous and often don't know what to say and that is likely due to lack of confidence and fear of rejection.  Even if I muster up the bravado to chat up with a lovely lady, I often can't tell if they are single & looking or not - as the single ladies radar is apparent not working that well either.

With online dating sites, one doesn't have to guess if the people on the sites are looking to date someone or if one has to have, at the onset, the courage to chat up a lovely lady.  The selection pool is large and the segmentation/niche is extensive and relevant - such as there are ones tailored to divorced singles like myself.  The initial interface via online chats and emails offers a gradual warming up phase that is less pressure than a face to face blind date of sorts encounter.  Perfect for my pace to look around and warm up to someone.

Online sites, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment